Friday, December 10, 2010

additions

i wish i could be one of those bloggers who posts everyday but things have been busy around here.  real busy.  and all this busyness has included a couple of new additions.

addition number one is by far the most beautiful, enchanting and heralded addition to come into our lives, well, since the last most beautiful, enchanting and heralded addition.
introducing
natalie olivia
natalie came into the world on tuesday, december 7, 2010 at 4:43 pm.
7 pounds and 11 ounces of pure joy.
i am most blessed.  she has filled my heart during a time i was afraid it was breaking.

and while natalie and mom and dad were resting in the hospital
this sassy little creature spent the night with me.
she let me take two pictures and then proclaimed,
"ok nana, that's enough".

during all this busyness i was drooling over christmas ball wreaths.  i had to have one.
i liked the more abstract ones best.  i didn't want my balls all lined up.
(in contrast to the days when i needed all my "balls" lined up and the boy i live with gave me some telling advice..."all your 'balls' are swimming on different ponds.  get used to it".)
so i made me a christmas ball wreath.  and my balls are not all lined up.
additions are a very good thing.

2 comments:

The McEnaney's said...

What beautiful additions!

Debbie Barber said...

Natalie Olivia is simply perfect! And your new wreath addition is breathtaking as well!! You have the golden touch when it comes to decorating AND being a fabulous nana!!