Tuesday, April 12, 2011

winter solstice

it's no secret.  i hate winter.  that season of dormancy, darkness and cold.  motivation escapes me.  not a single fiber of my being is alive.  my time is spent curled up in a ball trying to keep my bones warm while my spirit plummets. seasonal affective disorder. it's the winterizing of my soul.  as the daylight wans i teeter into that dark, cold abyss.  my soul falls dead asleep without feeling or hope.   nature uses this time to rest.  to reflect, rejuvenate, and  replant.  i am now, slowly, taking my cues from nature.  and as the days begin to lengthen and the light begins to brighten i find myself waking up.
and for this i am grateful.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You need to write a book...seriously! Love you!

Debbie Barber said...

With spring there comes new growth. Let's both embrace the prospect...you deserve to know how fabulous you are! XOXO